Saturday, October 18, 2008

Move the Center




I just got back from a great short documentary/lecture/book-signing with Naomi Klein at the Rio Theatre here in Santa Cruz.  All I can say that it was amazing and inspiring and I could think of no one who I would want to hear speak more than her amidst the economic crisis we are in.  If you haven't read The Shock Doctrine yet, I highly suggest you go out and pick it up.  Also, pay attention to her website because she's coming up with an updated piece about the bailout and a whole section of shockdoctrine.org devoted to resources about what's going on.  Anyways, I hope a ball gets rolling here to organize against this last great theft of wealth by the ruling class.

In Solidarity,
-Steve

"Revenge... now that's more motivating than hope." - Naomi Klein 

No comments: